Saturday 11 November 2017

New species of peacock spider discovered in Albany in WA’s Great Southern region

A Sydney biologist discovered the new species of peacock spider in Albany
A new species of peacock spider has been discovered in Albany.
The unnamed spider was found last month by Jurgen Otto, a Sydney biologist who travels Australia in search of new species.
He spent three weeks in the Great Southern before finding the new species.
“When I first saw it, I wasn’t sure if I had discovered anything new,” he said. “When I realised I had found another new species, my mood changed instantly. Because I am partially colour blind, this new species didn’t at first seem terribly attractive to me, but since I posted some photographs on Facebook and Flickr and saw the reaction to it, I realised there is more to it than my eyes can see.”
It is not the first time Mr Otto has found a new peacock spider species in the Great Southern. He and colleague David Knowles found two species near Denm=read more and see video

No comments:

Post a Comment